Selected candidates will get a letter of support from a government-designated entity:
- Angel Investors Group.
- Venture capital fund.
- Business incubator.
The government-appointed entity is primarily responsible for determining the viability of the business.
They will submit an approved project along with a Certificate of Commitment to the immigration authorities.
All applications are evaluated on a pass/fail basis.
You can be elegible!
- Applicants for the Start up Visa Canada program must meet four basic eligibility requirements:
- To have a qualifying business.
- A commitment from a designated entity in the form of a Certificate of Commitment
- A Letter of Support
- Have enough funds. Available and transferable.
- Demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English or French.
Welcome to Canada
Ask our experts
The Future Business in Canada
- The applicant holds at least 10% of the voting rights in the business.
- No other person owns 50% or more of the total amount of voting rights in the business.
- Up to five applicants.
- Some applicants can be necessary to the intended business.
- If any applicant withdraws his or her application, or it is negative, all other people under the same business investment will have their applications canceled.
People who have get a Certificate of Commitment may apply for a short-term work permit.