Start Up Visa Canada
Selected candidates will get a letter of support from a government-designated entity:
- Angel Investors Group.
- Venture capital fund.
- Business incubator.
The government-appointed entity is primarily responsible for determining the viability of the business.
They will submit an approved project along with a Certificate of Commitment to the immigration authorities.
All applications are evaluated on a pass/fail basis.
The Future Business in Canada
- The applicant holds at least 10% of the voting rights in the business.
- No other person owns 50% or more of the total amount of voting rights in the business.
- Up to five applicants may have their application for permanent residence.
- Some applicants can be necessary to the intended business.
- If any applicant withdraws his or her application, or it is negative, all other people under the same business investment will have their applications canceled.
People who have get a Certificate of Commitment may apply for a short-term work permit.
To get a work permit:
The applicant must provide:
- A letter of support from the designated entity
- Proof that they have enough funds to meet the low income limit (LICO) for their family size for one year.
To receive permanent residence:
- Actively participate in the management of the business within Canada.
- Business operations must take place in Canada.
- The business must be in Canada.