For an LMIA you must check that:
- The number of foreign workers is within the limit established by the government.
- The job offer and the company are genuine.
- If working conditions are correct.
- The employer made reasonable efforts to hire or train Canadians.
- If the foreign worker is filling a labour shortage
- The recruitment will not affect a labour dispute or the employment of any Canadian worker.
Work in Canada
Welcome to Canada
Validity and duration
After a positive LMIA the worker has six months to use it. He/she must apply for a work permit. No extensions. If the document expires, a new application must be submitted.
Important: the validity is not the same as the duration of use of the LMIA. The validity of this document indicates the amount of time a person has to apply for a work permit. The duration of employment says the length of time a work permit is valid.